Digital Pimphand

Keep your digital game in check


Every once and while you'll find something on the internet or on tv that must be shared with everyone you know. The rapper who brought the song Fantastic Voyage to every meat market dance club across the world has just started a cooking show. A Cooking Show!?!?!?!? Yes Coolio has a cooking show these days and it can be seen on My Damn Channel.

Watch this excerpt from episode #1 where the Ghetto Gourmet teaches you to prepare Coolio Caprese Salad in case your girlfriend "is one of those salad-eating bitches." He claims his recipe is sure to "get the panties right off."

While this is probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while it highlights an issue my friends talk about when we see ignorant folks do stuff like this. We call it 'setting the race back' Things are graded on a scale in years. For example, dude acts up in a club... sets the race back 10 years(no harm no foul--we haven't advanced that much in 10 years). We find out an athlete has 9 kids with 9 different woman. 25 years AT LEAST!!!! This shit with Coolio easily puts the black race back at least 50 years. Back to the days when my people were drinking out of separate water fountains and sitting in the back of the bus.

For whatever reason hip hop culture idolizes thuggery, and I've got to admit at times I try to defend it because I don't see it as a big deal. However, I'm afraid the rest of the world sees this as an act. 50 years ago it was minstrel shows and black face. Now it's thug cooking shows!!!!

On a side note... Let me see if this Coolio Caprese salad is as gangsta as it sounds!!

5 comments

  1. KALUAA  

    Word up and big shot out to C-Pipes for getting the blogging thang up and poppin’. Diversify your cooking skills pimps…cause it is definitely one thing that can separate you from the rest.

    As for folks setting us back it happens all the time…if anyone has see the recent MYSPACE email making its way around that is a perfect example of someone who has set us back about 15 years. Attempting to take a photo to share w/o flushing the toilet is just plain wrong not to mention hella GHETT-O!

  2. Jon Lamoreaux  

    Does it make me a racist that I loved your posting so much? Hope not. I am one of the people that take Chuck to task for such behavior, making him explain the cultural significance to me. He always has very thoughtful responses, but this posting is priceless.
    So Chuch, how many years does the blg name "digital pimphand" set you back?

  3. eckson  

    If this sets you back 50, ODB's classic outburst must set you back 100 years at least. Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't that incident what started the "sets the race back" rankings?

    Good work on the blog C-pipes. Keep on cappin' and slappin' son.

    Send a shout out to my boy Masta Ace. You know Sittin' on C-H-R-O-M-E deserved 5-mics.

    One love to my butter pecan ricans for callin' me papi!

  4. Unknown  

    Wow... he really set us back... but we will surely see worst, according to some of the ghetto stuff I have seen out in A-town... It is a shame to see your own people like this... and people wonder why they get treated so different, maybe it is how you act...

    Chuurch on the Move...

  5. Mouf.Peace  

    dude. coolio TOTALLY stole my idea. no, not really. but when i was a starving college student living off of cup-o-noodle, i wanted to do a show called "ghetto gourmet!" guaranteed to be on tivo in every college dormroom lol. what u know bout that spam and egg fried rice? top ramen with siracha and an egg on top? say whaaaa? and while a house of prime rib recipe would slide my panties off faster than any salad could, man that caprese shit does sound good haha!

Post a Comment